Monday, August 17, 2015

Naptime Sit Down

It's the middle of August, 2015. You are 21 months. I have been thinking about writing the blog for 20 months. I'm a little late. Sorry. I'm sorry that I could not get my shit together sooner and actually explain to you what I went through the first 20 months of your life. There was a lot. This blog was inspired by you. It is for you. To understand me during the years you will not remember and hopefully learn something about yourself along the way. And this blog is about me. Me learning how to be your mom. Me struggling to figure you out. Me grasping for anything that could help me navigate your ever-changing little self. Your sleeping, your eating, your tantrums, etc. And me figuring out ME in this this new world, this new life. Consequentially, there will be issues that are pertinent to me. There will be feminism (for SURE), there may be politics (maybe) and there will definitely be opinions. Many of them. You might not understand them, you might hate them. But, I'm gonna do me. And I am going to teach you to do the same. 

Right off the bat, I am going to let you know. There will be no bullshit. There is enough of that in the real world. Yes,  there will be lots of good moments, filled with smiles and laughs and mind-blowing realizations about how much I love you. But, there will be dark stuff. There will be tears (my god!, the tears), and there will be curse words. Lots of them. There will be anger and resentment. Not necessarily directed at you (probably mostly not) but it will be here. Because this is the reality of life. All I can promise is the truth because I believe you deserve nothing less.

The only thing I know for sure is; I love you, kid. I am taking you to the stars and back. Get ready for the ride of your life.

Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment